Monday 25 March 2013

Assessment 1 - Proposal

This semester in Introduction to Digital Art, I intend to create various artworks using various digital media tools, relating to nature. I particularly wish to focus on plants, such as trees and flowers, and the life cycle of these plants. I believe that nature is so beautiful, which always tends to be represented at a very igh standard (nature in its most beautiful form), such as flowers in full bloom, or big, luscious trees.  I will be aiming to represent nature in all stages of life, including death.
In everyday life, the beauty of a simple rose can easily be overlooked. I know that personally I do not have time to appreciate the beauty of nature as much as I would like to.

This semester I will have four refined artworks:
Illustrator -- I plan to create an abstract/zoom view of a rose.
Photoshop -- I will have a set of 3 images depicting the life cycle of a plant:
1. A half-half comparison of a tree in full bloom and a bare, dead tree.
2. A piece with three stages of a flower - bloom to death.
3. An image of a small sprout with a faded image of the large tree it will become in the background.
Collage -- I would like to create the image of a flower using cropped images of multiple flowers.
Video -- I plan to create a stop-motion/time lapse clip of a solitary rose dying.

Digital Art will be the best way of creating these artworks, as I will have the tools to enhance my images and create art that would a) take a substantial amount of time to create  if done by hand, and b) would not have the same effect if I were to draw or paint them.

I will be presenting my artwork on a projector screen. This will be the best way to present as my artworks will look as vibrant as they are intended to be - as on the computer. I will be using the equipment provided in the class room to present.

For my folio this semester, I am drawing inspiration from Marc Garrison. I love the way he blends nature with digital art, creating vibrant, unique images.
He has a full collection of his work on his website:
www.garrisonphotography.net
but here are a few of my favourites:
I absolutely LOVE the colours in this image! The position of the flower is just right.
I like the image of the flower more than the effect here. I love that the petals are just a little wilted and odd.
This is something I could see hanging in my lounge room! I love the bare, twisted branches here, and the black and white contrast works so well with the splash of colour in the background!

I will use these works as inspiration, aiming to create beautiful artworks from my sketches and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment